I'm currently playing hooky from not one but two parties I thought I'd have to go to this evening. Our current house guest is off at one, my partner is at the other, and I'm all alone in the apartment, sipping tea, listening to the radio, and feeling gloriously alone. To counter the mid-year lull 'round these parts, have an interactive meme!
Thanks to both thefridayfive
for contributing some of the questions, and to therealsnape
for encouraging memeage more generally.
How to play? Well, first, read through the questions and leave me the number of the question(s) you'd like me to answer. (Please, ask away! I'd love to chat.) If you're up for answering questions yourself, paste them at your journal so we can ask you, too. Text box with questions below!Twenty seasonal questions...
1) What season are you currently experiencing in your part of the world? Has the weather been typical of that season recently?
2) Apart from the weather, how can you tell what season it is? What about your life or local life changes with the seasons?
3) What's the best thing about the current season? The most annoying?
4) Does the current season affect your mood or your daily habits?
5) Are there activities, events, or traditions that accompany this season in your part of the world?
6) Are there local foods that are only available or that are more available this season?
7) Are there memories you associate with this season?
8) Do have plans or goals for this season? For other seasons?
9) If you could live perpetually in one season, which would it be? Is that the same as your favorite season?
10) Do the conventional designations (i.e., summer, winter, etc.) describe the changing seasons in your part of the world? If you could rename your local seasons, what would you call them, and how would you describe them?
11) Are you sensing the effects of climate change where you live?
12) Do you have different clothes for different seasons? Do you prefer one wardrobe to another?
13) Do you use heat, fans, or air conditioning? Do you and your family or housemates agree on how to regulate the heat, fan, or air conditioning?
14) Do some seasons seem to last longer than others, to you? Has that changed as you age?
15) Do you decorate your house or change your environment in any way to mark the change of the seasons?
16) During what season are you most likely to want to get away from the weather, and where would you go if you could?
17) Are there any idioms or sayings about the current season where you live? Any local wisdom?
18) Imagine the depths of winter where you live. Would you rather have 1) less precipitation, 2) warmer temperatures, or 3) more light/longer days?
19) Imagine the peak of summer where you live. What would make it more bearable?
20) What's a book, film, or tv show you associate with the current season?